Recently I went to visit the SeaQuest Interactive Aquarium for the first time and although I’ve had many friends who have gone to visit, I hadn’t made the trip up yet and I hadn’t really asked anyone about the experience so I didn’t know what to expect.
Here’s a list of a few things to know before you go. These things will help you prepare so you know where to go and what to expect before you visit SeaQuest Interactive Aquarium.
1. The SeaQuest Interactive Aquarium is located in the Layton Hills Mall. Head to the north side of the mall and park by the food court. There is also a sign on the mall that says SeaQuest Interactive Aquarium. Head through the doors to the food court, go to the middle of the mall to the escalator, go down the escalator, and immediately turn to your right to make a 180° turn and the aquarium is right there.
2. Currently, Fiiz has a promotion with the aquarium. Typically one token (can be used to feed the animals) is $2.50. However, for every drink you buy, you get one free token. We spent about $7.50 and got 3 drinks and 3 tokens.
3. Tokens can be purchased at the front desk. On a busy day, there may be booths open throughout the aquarium to purchase tokens. Tokens can be used for special experiences like feeding the animals. You can interact and touch the animals, but to actually feed them, you will need a token.
4. There are 2 caged areas for you to go into to visit with the animals. Wait at the door for an employee to let you through and give you instructions. Then once you are in, if you would like to feed the animals, you can with a token. The first area is as you enter and it contains lizards. The second is about half way through and you can sit among the birds.
5. Warnings about the birds area. First, you must be seated while in the bird area. Second, keep in mind that they are birds and are not “house trained.” We came out with bird stuff all over because they sit on heads, shoulders, arms, and even jump around on shoes, pulling at laces. Plus they fly overhead. It gets messy. If you plan to do this, either plan to be a little gross by the end or if you’re like one of my children who likes to be clean, plan to take an extra set of clothes to change into after the experience.
6. There are many opportunities to touch the animals and interact. For your first visit, I recommend walking through the entire aquarium first (it’s not too big) to see what there is and then if you decide to do tokens, then you’ll know where you want to go.
7. There are some sections that are not wheelchair friendly which also means some people may also have a hard time. One section has stairs up to the top of a large tank which is fun but there is no ramp making it impossible for some to get to the top. However, the whole tank is glass so you’ll be able to see just fine inside.
8. Many of the walk areas are small so if you go at a busy time, it may feel a little tight. It was not a problem for my children and I but for those who feel a little claustrophobic or have a tough time in tight spaces, make sure you plan to go when it may be a little less busy. Calling ahead is also great for finding out how busy it currently is at the aquarium.
SeaQuest Interactive Aquarium Discount
For those of you who would like to check it out, use the codes:
Get passes here.